Friday, December 20, 2013

Kitchen Cabinets

     We had a great experience with  Compton Cabinet Company in Centerburg, Ohio.  They do amazing custom cabinetry work and I would recommend them to anyone looking for high quality cabinets.  We researched using big box stores cabinets to save money but for the price we made out much better using Compton.  I'm a firm believer in supporting local family owned businesses whenever possible so it was a great fit for us.  Jarrod, sat down with us and we were able to design all the cabinets for the whole house.  I knew I wanted white shaker style cabinets in the kitchen with a black island that had some distressing to it.  I gave him a few pictures and he did exactly what I wanted.

Here are some of the pics I showed him when designing our cabinets:
I chose this pic because I liked the look of the white cabinets with the dark counters and dark island.  It also has a farmhouse sink similar to the one I had chosen and much of the character was similar to what I wanted.


Another component I wanted to add was a wine rack and cookbook shelving.  



This pic I chose again for the dark island but more because our island was also going to have some seating on the end.  I also liked the style of the leg on the end.




Here is the drawing that Jarrod created of our kitchen design.  Pretty accurate except for the countertop color - ours is black.  But this gave us a good idea of what our kitchen would look like.

My favorite part is if you look at the corner cabinet, that is an appliance garage with an outlet on the inside. My toaster and mixer stay in there without being out on the countertop - LOVE!

Here is the layout






Here is the finished version - well almost.  Clearly appliances and countertops are missing.  






No comments:

Post a Comment