Thursday, January 16, 2014

50 Shades of Grey

The most painful parts of the building process for me were paint colors and lights.  Today I will talk about the what quickly became the joke around the house which was 50 shades of grey.
I knew I wanted grey tones but I wanted them slightly different throughout the house.  I had NO idea grey paint was so difficult.  Trying to find grey's that are warm and don't look blue, or purple, or pink, or army green was a challenge.
It seems like every day I would come to the house with a new paint sample from Sherwin Williams….and inevitably someone would make a joke.  "Here she comes again, wonder how many samples she's bringing in today."  I could have probably painted the house twice with how much money I spent on paint samples.

This is a box full of grey paint samples:


Here is just one of the walls where I would test colors.  


I know it looks ridiculous but I am sooooo grateful I took the time to go through this 'paint'-staking process.  I have received several compliments since the house has been completed of how well all the grey's work with the warmer wood tones we have as well.  That compliment holds a special place in my heart because of how much I stressed over all those colors.



No comments:

Post a Comment