Wednesday, January 29, 2014

New-el Word for Me

Even with a  master's degree I had no idea what our builder was talking about when he would say "NEWELS".  He would tell me I had to be thinking what I wanted the 'newels' to look like but I was always left thinking……To do list: Find out what a newel is!!!

What I did find out is that it's the wood end part of what my parents always called a banister.  Anyway of course another detail to consider.  We went to Interior Wood Products here in Plain City, Ohio and looked at all of the options for the iron spindles we wanted, came up with a pattern and looked at different options of newels.  Success!!

Keeping with the style of all the woodwork door trim etc. in the house, the mystery newels were completed!!







As I mentioned the style is very square and old farmhouse.  Nothing too ornate looking.



No comments:

Post a Comment