Sunday, October 6, 2013

Holy IKEA

Apparently I am the last human on earth to visit an IKEA store.  Of course I had heard all the buzz but when I would look at their website nothing really struck me.  It all seemed very sleek modern and European which is not the style of our home.  I have never really wanted to go to IKEA until I started planning lighting for A's room.  After much research, they seemed to have a variety of cost friendly options.  Since our soccer tournament was rained out in INDY, it was a perfect opportunity to make the trip.  We had to kill some time before we picked up the new wall oven I had bought on Craigslist in Cincinnati - SCORE!!

Happy to admit, I was terribly wrong about IKEA.  I think I could live there.  I finally get what all the hub-bub is about.  You have to see it to understand is what I had heard and everyone was right.  I completely wore A out, but we pressed on and we were able to get to every corner of the store, including a bite to eat.  I was pleasantly surprised to see many items that do match our style, along with our budget.

We left with a light fixture for her room, a few Christmas presents (those of you who know me, believe it, I have started prior to December 20th)  Best of all we left with a list for Jeff to pick up the following day with his trailor.  I solved my vanity issue in the 1/2 bath and basement which is a big relief.

IKEA is indeed awesome and I can't wait to go back.

After IKEA, we headed over to Ballard Designs outlet which is also a great place to go since it is just down the road.  I was able to get our bar stools for the kitchen in a doorbuster sale for cheaper than I have seen any barstools anywhere.  And these are actually the kind I really wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment