Tuesday, October 15, 2013

October 15

An exciting day as they begin to add the stone to the front of the house.  I was worried that the stone I picked would be too light but is much darker than I thought it would be.  I love it!  I wanted something that would go with the darker gray siding we picked but would have some warmer tones in it.  I didn't want the house to look too cold.  Easy to do with as much gray as we have.  
I thought once I picked the stone color I was done but as they were putting it on I also had to pick what kind of joint I wanted.  Of course this had to be explained to me.  The masons were great and showed me three options.  I picked the 'butter joint'.  Butter joint is not brushed and has a very rustic and unfinished look to it.  I can't wait until I can see it next to the siding.




One thing we added last minute was some stone along the back porch.  We felt there needed to be some variation of texture back there.  We almost did Board and Batton back there but with the big ceiling being all white, we were afraid it would be too much white.  We couldn't afford to make it all stone on the back but I think the stone on the bottom half will be enough of a variation to give us the look we want without busting our budget.



So excited for the siding and again we are extremely please with our choice.  We love the dark grey and so glad we chose the white corners.  Another one of those things we hadn't paid attention to but when I drove around and looked at houses there was no question we wanted the white corners.


The shake color seems to also be exactly what we wanted.  And we love that way it is all coming together.  You can see Chuck down there on the ladder.  Nicest guy and does a great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment